Worth Tweeting…..cause you know I don’t tweet…


Starting a business? Don’t select your business entity without the help of your accountant or attorney.

July 31: Deadline for filing retirement and employee benefit plan returns (5500 series) for plans on a calendar year.

You have three years to amend your tax return if you discover you missed income or a deduction after filing.

Providing too many personal details on social networking sites could expose you to identity theft.

This summer, size up your 2017 tax situation while you have time to adjust strategies and lower your taxes.

Photocopy both sides of your credit cards and other identification for reporting if you lose your wallet.

irs.com, irs.org, irs.net, and irs.biz are not sites of the IRS. The only official IRS website is irs.gov.

Have you considered flextime or working from home for your employees? Unconventional rewards are a growing trend.

The IRS offers an online service for you to obtain transcripts of your tax information. Visit irs.gov.

Cash, accrual, or hybrid? What is the best accounting method for your business? Call us to discuss.

If you conduct business from your home, you may be entitled to a deduction for home office expenses.

U.S. citizens and resident aliens must report all income from foreign sources on their federal tax returns.

To protect tax records and other important documents, create digital files and store them off-site.

If you die without a will, your state of residency may end up deciding who gets your assets. Discuss with your attorney.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s